Friday, February 12, 2010

PICC visit

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) for the arrival of Emmaus, the head of the Focolare Movement. Here she is, third from the right:

And here are some members of the movement performing for her and the audience. they worked really hard to make everything perfect.
During breaks, I had the chance to go around the venue and enjoy the amazing art works and architecture. I especially love this piece because it reminds of the JVP/Jerusalem cross from certain angles. 
It's the centerpiece for the the main lobby and the grand staircase.
Another striking feature of the grand lobby are the chandeliers made of metal pipes with light bulbs at the end. The varying lengths of the pipes gives the lobby ceiling depth and character.

There were also numerous paintings spread across hallways. But you must forgive me, I wasn't able to jot down the names of the paintings and artists. I know how important it is to give credit where credit is due. So if you can tell me the name of any of the paintings and their artists, you win a prize!
This one, I immediately recognized as an Ang Kiuko painting. I used to spend hours in front of his works at the Ateneo Art Gallery.



Here I am pretending to be a presidentiable. haha.
And here are 2 of our boys from hillcrest!
If you love great art and architectural design then you must visit PICC at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment