Friday, February 5, 2010

Silahis

Gelai, a JVP friend of mine from Naga wanted to tour Manila. Unfortunately for me, they scheduled it on the same day as the arrival of Emmaus in PICC where I had to usher and wear Barong Tagalog. So I wasn't able to join them in the morning. But I caught up with the rest of the gang in the afternoon. Since it was a sort of historical tour, I didn't bother changing. 

So here I am in my Barong Tagalog care of Myke.


And here's the rest of the gang doing a jump shot in front of the Rizal Shrine in Luneta Park. I love this place. There are so many different people from all walks of life and countries. I could sit here and observe them the whole day.
We then went to Intramuros were we had ice cream. I fit in perfectly with my Barong. Then we went to this shop, Silahis, which sold Filipino arts and crafts. I never got around to asking why the name of the place. It must mean something else other than bisexual. 
I like these masks outside the doorway. My mom has a fondness for masks so she'll probably enjoy these.

They had everything inside. This intricately carved miror reminds me of home in the province where 90% of our furniture is wooden antique. Fire hazzard, in other words. There's Jet stealing my thunder.
I love this seashell curtains. When I was assigned in South Cotabato for a year, a friend of mine sent me seashell chimes that looked like this.
This Pinoy version of the Nativity scene is cute and colorful. Instead of sheep, which we rarely see in this humid country of ours, we have carabaos and pigs. The characters are all dressed in native Filipino clothes.
There's the carabao. I can already here my facebook friends screaming Farmville.
There's just too much stuff to take pictures of. They have cabinets, jewelry, furniture, baskets, paintings, old books, posters, you name it they've got it.
Here's cherie and me enjoying the great city light afterwards. 
Visit Silahis and the rest of Intramuros!



No comments:

Post a Comment