Thursday, November 19, 2009

Opa! (Restaurant review: Cyma)

The great thing about living in the metro is that you get to try out so many flavors, some good, some bad, all of them exciting! It's a food universe out here that's just waiting to be explored. One of my favorite restaurants , that's just begging to be explored over over again, so far is Cyma. 

Cyma is a greek restaurant. But since I've never been to Greece, I really can't vouch for the authenticity of their theme. I can, however vouch for the quality of its food. Located in several malls, like Trinoma, Eastwood Mall and Greenbelt, I can honestly say from the bottom of my very satisfied stomach that Cyma is one of the best restaurants out there.

The interior is cool to the eyes. Its clean white walls and sea-blue furniture actually reminds you of the Greece we often see in post cards and movies. When I first saw their menu, I begun to have cold sweats and started checking my wallet lest I end up washing their dishes. I fel it was too much to spend 300php on a salad. We're not actually in Greece, you know. 

But what the hey. I ordered the Tonnos Salata. It was tuna with mixed greens, potatoes, black olives, feta cheese, anchovies, roasted bell peppers, boiled eggs and baked onions. When our salad arrived, we were amazed. It looked so good, and filling. This was not the salad of stick thin models. This was our salad. And amazingly it tasted great, too. The vinaigrette was sweet and tangy, the greens fresh. I wanted to know how they made the onions so sweet, you can hardly tell you're eating onions. And the tuna was in abundance. We ordered to share, but the salad could have fed an army.

We were almost full when our Clam Shell pasta arrived. It was creamy and tasty. And the hint of lemon perfected the dish. And you know how much I love pasta. So when I tell you that this one's good, I mean it's good.

We also ordered the Chicken Gyro. The pita went well with the melted cheese and chunks of grilled chicken and tomatoes.
All in all it was a great dining experience. From the food to the ambience to the service. A great way to celebrate with a date, family or friends.

I give Cyma a 5 out 5! (This month alone, I've eaten there three times, which would explain the sad state of my wallet.) I'd gladly wash dishes for another serving of that salata!


No comments:

Post a Comment