Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Welcome!

First, let me introduce myself. 

I am a promdi. Promdiprovince. 

I was born and raised in Tarlac, the city of Noynoy, Cory and Ninoy, and yes Danding, Peping, Tingting,  Mikee, the land of endless farmlands, cows, goats, Don Bosco and more farmlands. And in a couple of years, the land of another SM. I grew up right beside a farm where we used to fly kites and play patintero in the afternoons after school, right before our mothers and grandmothers screamed dinner time.


In college I had to leave my province and move to the country's capital - the city of skyscrapers, pollution, museums, clubs, malls, EDSA, floods and material for a Gabriel Garcia Marquez novel -  to study college. 

Boy, was I in for an awesome adventure and then some. This blog will be about those adventures the places I've been to, the people I've met, everything I've experienced. Of course it won't always be about people and place I come across in Manila. Sometimes I also get the opportunity to go to other places, but the perspective remains, that of a boy eternally amazed by the world outside his small town life. 

But I'm getting ahead of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment