Monday, December 7, 2009

Come Again Camiguin

The last time I visited Camiguin a couple of years back, I got so sun burned I looked like this:


As much as I'm a fan of white sand beaches, I'm not really a Boracay person. I go to the beach to be one with the sea, to reflect, to dig deeper inside myself, to write poetry, to relax and to find peace (and i say all this with a bit of self-mockery. I'm not exactly the zen -est person around. I really can't do all these things around so many people partying, smoking and drinking. And a Starbucks several feet doesn't exactly make the place very conducive for self evaluation and reflection. hehe.

If you ask me, I'm more of a Camiguin person. I've been to Camiguin 6 times and I never tire of that small, charming, island community.

To go to Camiguin, one takes a 2 hour bus ride from CDO and a 1 hour boat ride. This is our group waiting for the bus.

After the 2 hour bus ride we had to take a boat, which took another hour.


Finally we got to Camiguin! We headed straight for the sandbar/white island, to get to which we had to take another boat ride. This is me and Aya. Yes I wore polo on a beach trip. Walang pakialamanan.
White island is basically just a strip of shite sand, no trees, no structures, no nothing but you, the sand, the sun and the sea!
Okay, so maybe there's a tree stump.
Here are my friends jumping for joy!!!
Here's ate reins, harassing me. Joke lang. Peace!
And because not a lot of people go to Camiguin, unlike more popular beaches, the waters are clean and clear.
The island and the surrounding waters are so beautiful, you really can't take bad pictures of them.
And here are my requisite emo shots!


But soon we had to leave. If it was up to me I'd stayed all day in the white island. Although there are rumors that come high tide and the whole island disappears! We then went to Vjandep, the original creators of the delicious Pastel , bread filled with yummy yema! I can just imagine the soft bread and the warm yema inside that melts in your mouth!mmmm....Anyways , so apparently they also serve lunch.

I ordered pancit, but it wasn't very good so I wasn't able to finish it.

We also oredered breaded squid, which was so,so.
We also visited the Sunken Cemetery, although we didn't get to dive and explore the rich sea-life underneath. We just used the place as a backdrop for another one of our photoshoots.

We ended the day with a bath at the hot springs. Don't go in too quickly or you'll burn your balls off. It gets cooler once your body is able to adjust to the temperature.

I'll see you again Camiguin. Come again to Camiguin. Hehe
Camiguin offers a lot of adventures for everyone from the relaxing dip at the hot springs for those who want to rest their body's to the more exciting scuba diving for your regular rough-it guy. And the best part is, you don't have to spend a fortune for one of the most enjoyable vacation ever!!

Camiguin is a must see.

2 comments: