Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's who you spend Christmas with...


...that truly matters. True, there seems to be a shortage of gifts this year because of the recession compared to the last one (it's the material boy in me speaking, forgive me) but when it comes to friends and the number of good people I have in my life, I couldn't ask for more.

Because of too much eating and drinking I shall forego a detailed timeline as to the order in which all these gatherings happened.

There's been a mass migration in the house in which I live. A huge chunk of teh people moved in together in a new condo and good for them. And thank you for still remembering to invite us in your brand new abode. Although I suggest you invest in more chairs in the very near future. Thank you for the many versions of sisig and chicharon, from the bottom of my clogged arteries. And ofcourse the bridge game, you're such graceful losers. hehe. kiddin'!


I was also able to attend the Sulyap Christmas party. Sulyap is a community similar to GK, except they have more kick-ass houses. The day ended and night began with such a beautiful sun set. I tell you, sunsets are the easiest subjects to take. You can't go wrong.
The band from our group also played some Christmas carols and more pop tunes. I enjoyed their version of The Climb! I wish I could've recorded it.
Here's Mama Risa! She's one of the many blessings I've received this year. There's something about her that's comforting. She's such a loving, compassionate person, not to mention, cool!
Sulyap also had a Parol making contest using recycled materials.
Here is a shot of the houses. See how wide the streets are. These houses were donated by veryu generous people from Italy. I think they even look better than our house. hehe.
And here's my namesake distributing free ice-cream to the kids.
I also attended the JVP Batch 29 Christmas Party! This was before everyone got drunk on The Bar. Later on, if I had the will, energy and sobriety to take pictures, you'd see these same people emoting, ranting and passing out on the floor. Good times, good times.
And Jan jan brough this AWESOME cake from Conti's.
Part 2 to follow! Now I've got to finish my grocery shopping for Noche Buena. And yeah, I'm home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment