Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Restaurant Review: Gerry's Grill

I realize that food critics often review restaurants that are not very mainstream, since not a lot of people eat in them and the reviews would come in handy. But in this blog, i pretty much eat everything and everywhere. So don't be surprised if I do a review of McDo and Jollibee one of these days.

On the night before leaving for the province, my family and I had dinner in Gerry's Grill in Trinoma. Gerry's is popular for their delicious Filipino food.

Because of some family drama, which involved a lot of crying, silent treatment and smirking, I had to order all our food. I ordered the Sinigang na Hipon, Pork Barbecue, Palabok and Sisig na bangus.

Friends will know that Sinigang is one of my favorite Pinoy food of all time. Plus my aunt cooks a mean Sinigang na Baboy and in a town populate by Kapampangans, that says a lot about her cooking. So trust me, I know my sinigang.

And unfortunately, I didn't like Gerry's Sinigang. For 205 bucks it serves around 6 people, that's the good part. And although it tasted just the right kind of sour, I could tell that they used artificial sinigang mix instead of natural ingredients. And that ain't good sinigang in my book.
The Palabok on the hand tasted great! And for 145 bucks it can serve up to 5 people. It didn't taste fishy like others I've tried so far.
I had high hopes for the Sisig na Bangus because the ones in Crocodile Grill and Dencio's are very good. But there's something about Gerry's Sisig that just wasn't right. I'm not sure if it's the ginger. I think they tried to hard to kill the "malansa" taste, that whatever they put in it just leaves a bad after taste.
The Pork Barbecue was tasty with just the right amount of sauce. Plus it didn't have any fat! But for 105 php for 2 pcs, I don't know? All in all it was a great experience. The food I give a B. Service a B+ considering there was a waiter who kept refilling our water glasses every 5 minutes. and B+ for value for your money. B for their cozy interior.

All in all it was a great experience. The food I give a B. Service a B+ considering there was a waiter who kept refilling our water glasses every 5 minutes. and B+ for value for your money. B for their cozy interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment