Thursday, January 21, 2010

at the airport

Because of work, I've been spending a lot of time hangin' out at airports waiting for flights. And I've been trying to find creative ways of killing time. Ofcourse, there's reading a good book. I also try to write every now and then, but it's hard because I'm almost always exhausted.
But thanks to this journal given to me by PJ last Christmas, I've actually been able to overcome tiredness and got excited by the prospect of writing at airports.



I was even able to sketch some of the people beside me. Of course I tried my best not to get caught by my subjects est they get insulted.

My first subject was this old woman in front of me. I loved the crazy floral print on her shirt.

Then there were these 2 nuns. My initial focus on the nun on the left was her habit. Then she turned sideways and her nose got my attention. I tried inserting it in the sketch, then the drawing just became awry. Too bad.

On the plane I drew this guy who looked like Homer Simpson. Hehe.Thanks PJ for the journal! I love the smooth blank pages. Here's to more emo notes and feeling artsy sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment