Monday, January 25, 2010

Movie Review:Avatar

I know this is awful late but let me have a go at it.
My friends are divided into two : a. Those who didn't like Avatar and fell asleep half way through the movie (that's you erika) and b. Those who liked it and wish there really was a Pandora.

After watching Avatar, I'm going to have to side with group b. Avatar is an excellent experience. I say experience and not movie because Cameron puts 3D technology into such good use that you really do feel like you are in another world with blue folks.

Cameron said he waited for 15 years to complete this movie because he was waiting for the right technology. Now I get it. Pandora, is something else. It's so pretty. Leaves and soil glow in the dark at night.  Mountains fly. Everything is interconnected - and more often than not, literally. Never mind the actors, this is a James Cameron movie. This is a James Cameron movie. This is about CGI, man. This is about how amazing that sky is and how big big that creature is. I can't even remember how many times I said wow. Wow. Everything just feels so epic.

And yes, this is a hundred times better than that sinking ship. 

Watch Avatar.

I give this movie a B+

No comments:

Post a Comment