Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cemeteries and Lanzones

I guess it has something to do with my being an only child, sometimes I enjoy travelling and exploring places on my own. In Naga I had some alone time.
I enjoyed the Ateneo deNaga Church right outside where I stayed. It had a semi-baroque style with its opulent wooden carvings. I wasn't able to take pictures, but teh ceiling, walls and pews were line with carvings of chilli!
The bare-cement design and architecture combined with the gloomy weather reminded me of old western cemeteries you see in movies. It was all beautiful, sad and a tad frightening.
The large black statues of saints and biblical scenes was a little overwhelming for me. I'm not sure who these figures are.
The pieta.
I also walked around the city at night. It was cold and rained every now and then. The city was alive and beautiful.
I saw the Penafrancia church.(Correct me if I'm wrong Naga friends)
I walked took a walk in the park.
And ofcourse I ate lanzones!
This kid was the vendor, I subtely took this picture lest people think I'm a pedophile.



I wish I had more time to explore the city. This means I'll be back soon!



2 comments:

  1. Let's go!!!
    Gusto ko nga doon ang year end eh. Baka puwede pa tayong mabigyan ng discount sa CWC kasi kamaganak ng kabatch ko yung may ari. Hehe

    ReplyDelete